Monday, November 06, 2006

Actors and rehearsals

Rehearsals with actors, have been working with them individually, some times in pairs. Most of the time it's been heartening. Occasionally, a little dejected. Have I made the right choices. I've cast everyone in the film, without a single audition. Should I trust my intuition, or should I consider myself a fool? Well, so far, nothing has led me to despair. Just a little more hard work needed. Lots of hard work needed.

The trained actors are all right. The amateurs are OK too. It's the ones who've done a little bit that are the worst to handle, because they are set into patterns that are false, and they lack the experience to go beyond them.

Sometimes I feel as if I'm running on auto, there's no time even to be exhausted. Besides, after cribbing for years about being without work, I cannot even open my mouth a micro-centimeter to complain.
manohar nair said...

Hi

I was just browsing and came up to read what you had written...
Surprising! That the trees have yet to show up outside your window.

Without that how do you know the professionals from the amateurs? The old from the new? the experienced from the naive? all are actors.

The trees show the hierarchy and the details of the generations.

Then it is left to the imagination of a capable director to get the best out of all.

Good Luck!

7:34 PM

No comments: